Sunday 29 April 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award

I would like to first of all thank Evil DM (Mark Kelly), of the DM's Screen, for all his encouraging words given to keep me going with the Van Tanncred Sword campaign journal I was keeping. It really meant a lot. Not only that but I find you have given me this little nomination as well! With both of these and the verbal 'poke' to get me to finish what I started I shall return favour and continue with the award.

The original award was began by Amanda of the blog - Drama, Dice and Damsons. Her original blog award design can be seen below. The first design seen here is by the Evil DM himself.




  1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award ( I will be nominating fewer - 5).
  2. In the same post add the Versatile Blogger Award (the one you see is not the original - that can be found on Amanda's blog).
  3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to their blog site.
  4. In the same post add seven random facts/pieces of information about yourself.
  5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
  6. Inform each blogger of their nomination for the reward with a post in their comments section on their respective blogs.
*Please remember, these things are done for fun and help to promote a greater sense of community and communication, so if declining, at least do so with some grace and warmth.*


My Nominees 


  1. Dreamweaver Designs - an incredibly versatile and gifted crafter and fellow blogger.
  2. Of Dice and Men - always up for a laugh and brave explorer of many roleplay worlds.
  3. Dangerous Brian - prodigious in his posts and varied in his pursuits, check him out.
  4. The Angry Lurker - speaker of truth and a blogger of interest and note.
  5. The Hanger Bay - fellow gamer and recent addition to the blogosphere, Mecha Ace is ace.


Seven Random Facts All About Me

  1. I am in fact the faceless Mrs Lead Legion and Mrs Dangerous Brian of the other blog's legend. If you haven't the faintest idea of what I am on about then please visit these pages now.
  2. My degree was in Zoology, I'm now a call centre monkey, go figure.
  3. My first years of life were spent in Pakistan and Hong Kong. This lead to some fantastic 'first memories'.
  4. Many people think I have two daughters. My girlies are actually my two furry ferret babies - Stephanie Mellerstain and Lyla Furrypaws. I never said I was normal.
  5. I am Pagan. Please refer to my last statement.
  6. I can role my tongue and wiggle my ears. That puts me in a narrow genetic bracket and freaks the hell out of my husband ^_^
  7. I have an equal understanding of Japanese, French and Arabic. I am equally as bad at all of them but at least I have tried. Attention deficit dabblers complain about this predicament a lot.

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done, congrats and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran, and you're welcome.

      I've been chuckling away at your posts covering your own self-styled state. Great idea. The buildings you've sourced look cracking. Why bother inventing a fancy name and backstory when you can be your own dictator, sorry, glorious leader of your own state? ;-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!

    And thank you very much for the support, it's well recieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Hopefully our paths shall cross in our adventures in the near future. Until then, may your games be awesome.

      Delete
  3. Amber,

    Honestly, you have a great style of writing that I enjoy reading - takes me back to my own WHFRPG DM'ing days - happy times :)

    Please, please, please keep writing. I'll be checking up on you from now on ;)

    Roll over to my blog sometime, I've got you on a list... no, not a hit list. Just take a peek.

    Best regards

    MK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know pester power works! I've been 'meaning' to get back to writing for sometime so thanks in no small part to yourself I've taken up the proverbial pen again.

      Must say after reading some of your pieces I am flattered that you have enjoyed reading my own offerings. You are clearly a gifted and experienced wordsmith. That is not said to inflate your ego but as an honest compliment. All inflated egos will be popped!

      I really like the idea of the Friday shorts that you do and may nick the idea for use over this way. Unsure if I've got the perseverance for it to be a regular Friday thing but well see how that idea goes.

      Amber

      Delete