Wednesday 2 May 2012

May 2012

Copyright of S. Orr.
Now with our Warhammer Fantasy on break while we rotate through some new games and new DM's, I've been at a slight loss of what to do with myself. So far I've taken to doing the proverbial cleaning and tidying you would do at home when stuck for a project. Working my way through all the loose-ends and points on the 'To Do' list to see if there's anything else I can finish off while waiting for inspiration to visit.

A whole wonderful weekend of fever, flu and fun in my bed being best mates with the toilet tissue, and Lemsip, certainly meant I had nothing better to do. Hence, I have been working on getting those last few posts up from our WFRP and writing/editing the last few posts from the Dragon Age : a Throne in Peril

If you find that you too are stuck for something to be reading on these balmy new May eves then please take a look here. Frankly I think that for the vast majority of my audience 'things to do' should rarely be something they are stuck for, but you never know. Remember to pack your reading specs and a snack. Some of the journal entries are rather on the long side. Also, if you are extra bored you could help me try untangle my tense mess. You'll need a giant red marker pen for that task. It seems the hopping from location to location in the last few posts of Dragon Age got me quite confused whether we were coming or going. Lots of fine word repetition too. Needing to dust off the thesaurus... maybe.

For those of you who couldn't give two hoots about Dragon Age as it's not their cup of tchai then keep your eyes peeled for some of our future gaming adventures.

Currently we are playing in a 5th Ed Champions game : London Watch (see image), by DM Stevie. I'm certainly enjoying the setting as I love the whole 'Xmen in London' style of it but the modern setting is something I find I'm useless with in writing. A literary challenge we might say.

One of the next games looks set to be Star Wars: The Old Republic (DM Mecha Ace) where I could be resurrecting my old Zabrak character. More info as it comes in.

There is even talk of a one-on-one game between myself and Dangerous Brian (inspiration a la Ser Larkins and his missus with their Pendragon game). I can only hope and wish really, really, really hard that it works out the way I'm hoping. Talk is that it could be an Artesia campaign! Who couldn't love a gorgeous woman in armour? Seriously? I would say that you need to run out and buy/download (drivethruRPG) Artesia by Mark Smylie now, but you'd only hunt me down and kill me as it's been on quite the hiatus since he started his own publishing company. 

Come on man! Where's the rest of book 4? You promised us 22 novels in the Book of Dooms! 

Incidentally if you do like that kind of thing I would highly recommend Ash by Mary Gentle. That is the chicks in armour thing, not the torture of being hooked on a never arriving, never ending series. That aside, the man is a genius.


4 comments:

  1. *sigh* Mark writes and paints at the speed of a arthritic sloth. Which probably explains why his stuff is so darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me with chicks in armour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash! That takes me back. I loved that such a kickass woman had the same name as me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try some of the fantasy MMOs out there (Massivley Mulitplayer Online) - the female characters usually warriors, wear nothing but chainmail bikinis, but amazingly, they have the same protection values as full plate mail!

    Online gaming has gone to shit, tbh. The game companies seem only too happy to pander to boys and male adults who complain if a female character shows less than 50% body flesh. I must be getting old!

    ReplyDelete