Sunday 4 December 2011

The Van Tanncred Sword [Warhammer] Inn and Ale


Memoirs of Anya Eisenjaeger
~Backertag 29th Kaldezeit 2522~


Yesterday afternoon we finally pulled in at a town, Reiksbruck, to trade them potatoes and such like. What a release to visit an inn! To be in the busy warmth with other people! So much so that my head now throbs with the ‘release’. Danielle assured me I should drink some of the ‘finest’ ale- she can drink steins of the drink. I knew to at least order something to eat, a change from the gruel- the innkeeper provided stale bread, cheese and cold meat. Rich fair to what I eat nowadays. Just a quart of the ale and my head spun. I listened to the happy chatter of  Danielle, vaguely aware she was pleasantly drawing information from alcohol loosened lips, least alone my own. I gave up on the dark brew and ordered some of my customary watered wine. It wasn’t quite a quality Tilean variety but it was better than what I surrendered to my friend. Though we could have slept at the inn for a change in surroundings, Pieter and Stefan had other thoughts and we came back to the boat. Grunnd stayed the night. Probably asleep under the barrel of ale if what I hear of dwarves is to be believed. Pieter has gone to fetch the stormy short one. I think I’ll see about some fresh air and a walk along the bank before we cast off again today. 
~ A ~


[Previous Entry - steady passage]
[Next Entry - a pox on you]
[First entry - Ranald's luck]

No comments:

Post a Comment